lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Anyway to not bother scoring less good matches ?
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 07:20:41 GMT
On 05/05/2011 00:24, Ahmet Arslan wrote:
>> Thanks again, now done that but still not having much
>> effect on total
>> ime,
> So your main concern is enhancing the running time? , not to  decrease the number of
returned results.
> Additionally http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveSearchingSpeed

Yes correct, but I have looked and the list of optimizations before.
What was clear from profiling was that it wasnt the searching part that
was slow (a query run on the same index with only a few matching docs
ran super fast) the slowness only occurs when there are loads of
matching docs, and spends most of its time in scorer that is why I was
trying to remove the poor matches.