lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help needed on Ant build script for creating Lucene index
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 14:03:48 GMT
There's an example build file, see <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/lucene/contrib/ant/example.xml>

It's pretty outdated stuff there though.  It has some flexibility for a custom document handler
in order to allow full control over how a File gets turned into a Lucene Document.   By default
it'll handle text documents (.txt) and .html files using jtidy.

You're better off these days, IMO, to use Solr and its Tika integration for creating an index
from rich files.

	Erik