lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "shrinath.m" <shrinat...@webyog.com>
Subject Re: How do we reverse sort on the docid ?
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 12:12:19 GMT

Erick Erickson wrote:

> Why do you want to do this? the internal doc ids are
> transient. If you update a document by delete/add, the
> internal id will now be different. What I'm getting at is
> that I'd like to be sure the use case here does what
> you think it will because this smells like an XY problem,
> see:
> http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem
>
> Best
> Erick

LoL :) the explanation of XY problem is good one, but thats not my case...
I must agree, my first idea was on docid itself, but I don't stress on
docid, it can be on any field for that instance, the way it works is the
same.

so stress in the question is on how to do it, not which field I do it on...

Apologies for not being clear in the question, I tried to keep it very
simple, but failed to give essential info...