lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 박남용<zest...@naver.com>
Subject Lucene Spatial Search Problem: search radius threshold?
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2011 17:43:25 GMT

Hello,
I am trying to add spatial search functionality to my application, but having a trouble regarding
lucene's spatial search.
It's very simple functionality: searching all items within given radius from given starting
point.
My current starting location is 37.504602,127.049031.
When I set search radius less than 10 miles, search results are okay. The shorter the search
radius becomes, the less the search results are.
But after search radius becomes larger than 10 miles, nothing is searched.
And this threshold value, in this case 10 miles, changes according to where I set the starting
point.
That is, if search radius becomes larger than before, at least the same number of items should
be returned as before, but it is not.
After some point, nothing returns and spatial search does not seem to work properly.
The weird thing is that if I change the starting location to someplace in US or Germany, no
such problem happens.
I'm currently using lucene 2.9.4 for some reason, and checked the above problem with the test
class, java.org.apache.lucene.spatial.tier.TestCartesian.
Does anyone know the reason why lucene works this way, and how can I solve this problem?
Thanks,
Nathan