lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "ZYWALEWSKI, DANIEL (DANIEL)" <daniel.zywalew...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 09:08:10 GMT
Hello Champions !!

I have a problem with indexation(or should I say its time); So the elements to Index are represtented
by my own class - DocumentToIndex that consists of Fields(one Field is a fieldName and fieldValue).
All documentToIndex are kept/stocked in ArrayList. When I start indexing firstly I open IndexWriter
then for each field of documentToIndex I take its value and name and I create Lucene Field
then added to the LuceneDocument; Once it's finished (creation of LuceneDocument I add it
to index). After passing all documents I close IndexWriter; All this can be represented by
code:

indexWriter = new IndexWriter(indexDirectory, indexAnalyzer, false, IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.UNLIMITED);

      for (DocumentToIndex documentToIndex : objectsToIndex) {
        Document indexedDocument = new Document();
        for (int i = 0; i < documentToIndex.getDocumentSize(); i++) {

          indexedDocument.add(new Field(documentToIndex.getDocumentField(i).getName(),
                                        documentToIndex.getDocumentField(i).getValue(), Field.Store.YES,
                                        Field.Index.ANALYZED));
        }

        indexWriter.addDocument(indexedDocument);

      }

indexWriter.close()

My problem is that it takes much time to index. For example to index 28310 documentToIndex
I need about 15min. Do I miss something or it's normal? Maybe this code is not really optimized?
I'll be really grateful for any hints and tips;

Thanks in advance,