lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr 1.4.1: Weird query results
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 23:07:32 GMT
Look at the "text" definition stack. Does it have the same analyzer
and filter that you used to make the index, and in the same order?

The specific problem is that the "text" field includes a stemmer, and
your code probably did not. And so "marine" is stored as, maybe
'marin'.  To check this out, look at the 'schema browser' page off the
admin page. This will show you all of the indexed terms in each field.
Also look at the Analysis page: this lets you see how text is parsed
and changed in the analysis stack.

Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com