lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: NRT consistency
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2011 17:34:54 GMT
That's a neat question (how to replicate index changes from opening a
new NRT reader).

The good news, the segments are flushed "like normal", so they can be
replicated to the mirror(s).

But the bad news is, the segments file is not written to disk -- it's
held only in RAM (inside IW and shared to the IR that's opened), as a
SegmentInfos instance, so somehow replication would have to get this
in-memory segments file over to the mirrors, too.

Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com