lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From vivek sar <vivex...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clustering with Lucene?
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 04:07:45 GMT
Thanks Dawid. I was trying to give some example, but this is not
exactly our text. Our fields include things like "user name", "IP
Address", "Application Name", "Port 3", "Byte Count" - all network
related stuff. So, if user searches on certain IP address then we
would need to group the result by user, application, i.e. show me all
the users who have used this IP, what applications have been used on
that IP etc. These are definitely not dictionary fields.

I'm looking at faceting right now - checking if this would work with
Lucene (as we can not change to Solr at this point). What's the main
difference between clustering and faceting?

Thanks,
-vivek