lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Lucene 3.0.3 with debug information
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 20:45:20 GMT
This is the e-mail you're looking for, Steven (it wasn't forwarded to the
list, apparently).

Dawid

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Taylor <paul_t100@fastmail.fm>
Date: Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Subject: Re: Lucene 3.0.3 with debug information
To: Dawid Weiss <dawid.weiss@gmail.com>

 On 29/04/2011 15:17, Dawid Weiss wrote:

 > lucene/Search that is taking the time, I also had another attempt using
> luke
> > but find it incredibly buggy and of little use

 Can you expand on this too? What kind of "incredible bugs" did you see?
Without feedback there is little progress, so bug reports count.

Dawid

Sorry, I'll withdraw that. I was getting all kinds of stacktraces and
exceptions when I tried to do searches but the problem was my fault. Because
I wanted to use my own analyzer  I had a shells script that added it to the
classpath when I ran luke, however I had put it before the ant jar and my
jar built with maven also included lucene 3.0.3 and because luke 1.0.1 is
packaged with 3.0.0 it was confusing it, but I didnt realize this until I
notice done exception complained a lucene method was missing.

But having got it working I cannot see anything to help me work out why the
queries are taking too long, is it useful for this or just for refining your
queries ?

Paul