lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Weiwei Wang <ww.wang...@gmail.com>
Subject How to make search distributed and scalable
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:11:13 GMT
Hi, buddies,
     I'm reading something about solr and elastic-search, the thing i have
been curious is how to make search engine distributed(using something like
hadoop?).

       I readed something about shards and replication tech mentioned in the
user guide, but what is lacked for the open source projects like solr and
elastic-search is the detailed essay about the architecture and the design
of the system, instead, they only provide full user guide.

      Of course, i'm a user of this kind of system, however, i want to get
more about the insight.

could anyone here provide me more materials to get me clear about the
distributed architecture of such open source search engines?

Thanks~

---
Weiwei Wang
gtalk: ww.wang.cs@gmail.com