lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Weiwei Wang <>
Subject How to make search distributed and scalable
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:11:13 GMT
Hi, buddies,
     I'm reading something about solr and elastic-search, the thing i have
been curious is how to make search engine distributed(using something like

       I readed something about shards and replication tech mentioned in the
user guide, but what is lacked for the open source projects like solr and
elastic-search is the detailed essay about the architecture and the design
of the system, instead, they only provide full user guide.

      Of course, i'm a user of this kind of system, however, i want to get
more about the insight.

could anyone here provide me more materials to get me clear about the
distributed architecture of such open source search engines?

Weiwei Wang