lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr 1.4.1: Weird query results
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 21:56:38 GMT
Hmmmm, I don't see the problem either. It *sounds* like you don't really
have the default search field defined the way you think you do. Did you restart
Solr after making that change?

I'm assuming that when you say "not created by Solr" you mean that it's created
by Lucene. What version of Lucene and Solr are you using if that's true?

You can test this by appending "&debugQuery=on" to your query or checking
the "debug enable" checkbox in the full query interface from the admin page.
That should show you exactly what is being searched. You might also want
to look at the analysis page for your field and see how your query
is tokenized.

But, like I said, this looks like it should work. If you can post the results of
adding &debugQuery=on and your actual <fieldType> definition for "text_ws" your
<field> declaration for "text" and the <defaultSearchField>  from your schema
that would help. I can't tell you how many times something that's eluded me
for hours is obvious to someone else :)..

Best
Erick