lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <>
Subject Re: Applying a sample data set to lucene
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 23:15:46 GMT
I would not go there first. There are examples out there to, for instance,
index Wikipedia but that is, IMO, too complex for just starting to get
your feet wet.

I think you'd be better off looking at the Lucene demo code and
trying to understand/modify that as a starting point, see:

Once you understand how that works, you'll be ready to tackle
more complex Lucene implementations.