lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 张成 <zh.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NRT consistency
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 01:45:46 GMT
Something like dynamo's pattern, in the near real time searching, we should
make N = W.

在 2011 4 11 23:52,"Mark Miller" <markrmiller@gmail.com>写道:

> On Apr 10, 2011, at 4:34 AM, Em wrote:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I am currently trying to understand Lucene's Near-Real-Time-Feature which
>> was covered in "Lucene in Action, Second Edition".
>>
>> Let's say I got a distributed system with a master and a slave.
>>
>> In Solr replication is solved by checking for any differences in the
>> index-directory and to consume those differences to keep indices
consistent.

>> How is this possible within a NRT-System? Is there any possibility to
>> consume snapshots of the internal buffer of the index writer to send them
>> the slave?
>
> I think for near real time, Solr index replication may not be appropriate.
Though I think it would be cool to use Andrzej's mythical single pass index
splitter to create a single+ doc segment that could be shipped around.

> Most likely, a system that just sends each doc to each replica is probably
going to work a lot better. Introduces other issues of course - some of
which we hope to alleviate with further SolrCloud work.