lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clustering with Lucene?
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 06:19:18 GMT
They may not be dictionary, but they is a limited number of term entries and
they seem regular. Your inquiries indicate you need a faceting feature (or
even an sql-like set of queries backed up by a fast index...), probably with
some pruning.

Clustering is an unsupervised process that attempts to find latent
relationships between concepts in text (and describe these somehow).
Faceting is, ehm... "flattening" of your search result with respect to some
category for which the dictionary of terms is relatively limited. Any
product categories (with counts) that you see in search results on Amazon or
other sites like these are facets.

Dawid