lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Wiltshire <m...@redalertconsultants.co.uk>
Subject Re: Help with delimited text
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 06:55:06 GMT
To add more information

	I am then wanting to search this field using part or all of the path using wildcards

	i.e.

	Search category_path with /Top/My Prods*

Hi java-users

	I need some help.

	I am indexing categories into a single field category_path

	Which may contain items such as

	/Top/Books,/Top/My Prods/Book Prods/Text Books, /Maths/Books/TextBooks

	i.e. category paths delimited by ,

	I want to store this field, so the Analyser tokenizes the document only on ',' charaters
and not on the '/' characters

	I am adding the field to the index using

	Where the categoryPath is a String containing list of the items above.

	doc.add(new Field("category_path",categoryPath,Field.Store.YES,Field.Index.ANALYZED));

	I think I need to split the string my self, but how do I pass this to Lucene, do I have to
setup different fields ?

	I need to keep the full path in the index, as I want to use this when redirecting users,
when clicking on the results.

	Any help would be great.

	Many thanks

Regards