lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ranjit Kumar <Ranjit.Ku...@otssolutions.com>
Subject Re: lucene 3.0.3 | QueryParser | MultiFieldQueryParser
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 07:23:40 GMT
Hi,
while creating index with the help of  lucene standardAnalyzer, we cannot make difference
between c, c++ and c# as lucene do not create index for c++ and c#. To make the difference
between these term I need to change the grammar of lucene with the help of jFlex, it force
me to create my own custom analyzer.

While I am searching for single term like c# I get correct result (also in the case of c++)
So, lucene make index for C++ and c# . Also do not need to use any Parser. Hence,  jFlex doing
it work properly.
But, when I am trying to search for multiple Boolean query like c# AND .net  I need to use
 MultiFieldQueryParser to get correct result(document). Then Parser stripping off # but do
not dot(.) so query became c AND .net
Also, I have made changes for c#.net, vb.net, .net all these work properly with MultiFieldQueryParser
except c#

Thanks & Regards,
Ranjit Kumar
Private, Confidential and Privileged. This e-mail and any files and attachments transmitted
with it are confidential and/or privileged. They are intended solely for the use of the intended
recipient. The content of this e-mail and any file or attachment transmitted with it may have
been changed or altered without the consent of the author. If you are not the intended recipient,
please note that any review, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, circulation
or Transmission of this e-mail and/or any file or attachment transmitted with it, is prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail or any file or attachment transmitted
with it in error please notify OTS Solutions at info@otssolutions.com ===================================================================================================