lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <>
Subject Re: NRT consistency
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 04:58:40 GMT

On Apr 11, 2011, at 1:05 PM, Em wrote:

> Thank you both!
> Mark, could you explain what you mean? I never heard from such an
> index-splitter. BTW: The idea of having a segment per document sounds a lot
> like an exception for too many FileDescriptors :)

This is just an idea for rebalancing I suppose - an index splitter lets you split up an index
- there is a multi pass splitter in contrib. So if you wanted to move a few documents around
(to rebalance after a couple servers go down perhaps), you might split out another index (just
the docs you want to move), and then ship off that already analyzed and indexed bunch of documents
to other servers.