lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gregory Tarr" <Gregory.t...@detica.com>
Subject SpanNearQuery with repeated term?
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 10:30:39 GMT
I am having some issues with SpanNearQuery:

SpanQuery[] clauses = new SpanTermQuery[2];
Clauses[0] = new SpanTermQuery("text","aaaa");
Clauses[1] = new SpanTermQuery("text","bbbb");
SpanNearQuery q = new SpanNearQuery(clauses,0,true); // returns 1
document with "aaaa bbbb" in it

SpanQuery[] clauses = new SpanTermQuery[2];
Clauses[0] = new SpanTermQuery("text","aaaa");
Clauses[1] = new SpanTermQuery("text","aaaa");
SpanNearQuery q = new SpanNearQuery(clauses,0,true); // returns 2
documents ( "aaaa bbbb" and "aaaa aaaa")

This second bit of code returns the document with "aaaa bbbb" in it,
Why doesn't SpanNearQuery discard that one and only return me the one
I've asked for?

Thanks

Greg

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised
signatory.  The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies within
the Detica Limited group of companies.

Detica Limited is registered in England under No: 1337451.

Registered offices: Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YP, England.