lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Piotr Pezik <piotr.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Concurrent Issue
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 13:50:05 GMT
Only to second this explanation.

I got the same exception in a web application with a single IndexReader, accessed by many
threads.

The index gets updated every half hour or so, so I closed the old IndexReader and opened a
new one every now and then.

Even though the method for obtaining the IndexReader was synchronized, with tens of thousands
of queries a day,
I started getting the AlreadyClosed exception when one thread triggered the closure of the
IndexReader which another thread was still using.

Piotr