lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Lucene 3.0.3 with debug information
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 20:14:14 GMT
On 29/04/2011 16:03, Steven A Rowe wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> What did you find about Luke that's buggy?  Bug reports are very useful; please contribute
in this way.
Please see previous post, in summary mistake on my part.
> The official Lucene 3.0.3 distribution jars were compiled using the -g cmdline argument
to javac - by default, though, only line number and source file information is generated.
 If you want local variable information too, you could download the source and make your own
debug-enabled jar(s), right?:

Hmm maybe that is enough, Im not sure. I'm profiling with
YourkitProfiler and it doesnt show anything within the lucene classes so
I assumed this meant they didnt contain the neccessary debugging info
but I would have thought that -g is all I need

thanks Paul