lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Fäßler <erik.faess...@uni-jena.de>
Subject Solr 1.4.1: Weird query results
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 19:59:27 GMT
  Hallo there,

my issue qualifies as newbie question I guess, but I'm really a bit
confused. I have an index which has not been created by Solr. Perhaps
that's already the point although I fail to see why this should be an
issue with my problem.

I use the admin interface to check which results particular queries
bring in. My index documents have a field "text" which holds the
document text. This text has only been white space tokenized. So in my
schema, the type for this field is "text_ws". My schema says
"<defaultSearchField>text</defaultSearchField>".

When I now search for, say, 'marine' (without quotes), I don't get any
search results. But when I search '"marine"' (that is, embraced by
double quotes) I get my document hits. Alternatively, I can prepend the
field name: 'text:marine' and will also get my results.

Similar with this phrase query: "marine mussels", where "In marine
mussels of the genus" is a text snippet of a document. The phrase
"marine mussels" won't give any hits. Searching for 'text:"marine
mussels"' will give me the exact document containing this text snippet.

I'm sure this has quite a simple explanation but I'm unable to find it
right now ;-) Perhaps you can help with that.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

     Erik