lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nagendra Nagarajayya <nnagaraja...@transaxtions.com>
Subject [Announce] Solr with Near Real Time (NRT) Functionality
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2011 18:38:26 GMT
Hi!

I would like to announce Solr with RankingAlgorithm has Near Real Time
functionality now. The NRT functionality allows you to add documents
without the IndexSearchers being closed or caches being cleared. A
commit is not needed with the document update. Searches can run
concurrently with document updates. No changes are needed except for
enabling the NRT through solrconfig.xml.

A lock-free concurrent time managed access is used to eliminate locking
between the IndexWriter and the IndexSearchers to speed up the
performance. The performance is about  262 TPS (document adds) on a dual
core intel system with 2GB heap with searches in parallel. The
performance at the moment is limited by how fast IndexWriter.getReader()
performs.

I have a white paper that describes NRT in details, allows you to
download the tweets, schema and solrconfig.xml files used for testing.
You can access the white paper from here:

http://solr-ra.tgels.com/papers/solr-ra_real_time_search.pdf

You can download Solr with RankingAlgorithm (Solr-RA) from here:

http://solr-ra.tgels.com

Please give this a try and let me know if you see any problems.

Regards,
- NN