lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Wiltshire <m...@redalertconsultants.co.uk>
Subject Re: Help with delimited text
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 07:18:20 GMT
Hi Thanks Ian for you help on this, its driving me nuts :-)

	The StandardAnalyser is only used on the search query term being passed also.

	But In this case I am just adding a filter to the search.

	The actual category may be /Top/Books/Accountancy/10_Compliance/International

	And the filter will allow me so filter search by subject area, i.e.

	There is a drop down on the search page showing

	Books
	Online
	Software

	I translate this to a base category to then filter on.  i.e. Books = /Top/Books

	It performs filter on search, so only those living in /Top/Books/* categories (with *)
	are returned.

	I then want to use the actual category in the index to correctly display the item.

	Hope that makes sense.

	Many thanks

Mark

On 6 Apr 2011, at 12:05, Ian Lea wrote:

> Query  subjectFilterQuery = new TermQuery(new Term("category_path","/Top/Books*"));

Try losing the asterisk.  Presumably the indexed term is "/Top/Books".

You don't appear to be using the StandardAnalyzer you create in your
code sample but if you did searches wouldn't work since "/Top/Books"
would certainly be lower cased.  You've got /TOP/CD in there as well -
don't know where that came from.  Unless you want case-sensitive
searching I'd downcase these paths in advance, and replace / with some
character that will be ignored by any analyzers you might be using.

--
Ian.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Mark Wiltshire
<mark@redalertconsultants.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]
> category_path:/Top/My Prods*
> I get my expected results back.
>
> But I cannot get this working in my search code.
> I am using this field to filter the results, i.e.
> If I want Top Books I want to filter by /Top/Books*, if I want Top CD's I want to filter
by /Top/CD*
> Filter string is generated from mapping file which gives me a category path
> e.g. /Top/Books
> Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(FSDirectory.open(new File(index)));
> Analyzer analyzer = new StandardAnalyzer(Version.LUCENE_30);
> Query  subjectFilterQuery = new TermQuery(new Term("category_path","/Top/Books*"));
> QueryWrapperFilter filter = new QueryWrapperFilter(subjectFilterQuery);
> TopDocs searchResult = searcher.search(query,filter,MAX_SEARCH_RESULTS_SIZE);
> If I debug the subjectFilterQuery and write out
> subjectFilterQuery.toString()
> I See
> "subjectFilterQuery.toString()" category_path:/TOP/CD*
> So it looks like the query is constructed correctly ?
> But this does not bring back any results ?
> You say I need to be consistent in Index and Query, am I missing something.
> Many thanks
> Mark
> On 6 Apr 2011, at 10:06, Ian Lea wrote:
> You can add multiple values for a field to a single document.
>
> Document doc = new Document();
> String[] paths = whatever.split(",");
> for (String p : paths) {
>  doc.add(new Field("path", p, whatever ...);
> }
>

> For searching, assuming you only want to be able to wildcard on path
> delimiters, you could index
>
> /Top/My Prods/Book Prods/Text Books
> /Top/My Prods/Book Prods
> /Top/My Prods
> /Top
>
> which would let you search on any of them.
>
> You'll want to pick or build an analyzer that behaves as you want wrt
> case matching and not splitting on the /.  Sometime it can be easier
> to replace a character e.g. / to _.  I think there is a lucene class
> that can do that, maybe MappingCharFilter, if you don't want to do it
> yourself.  You will of course need to be consistent and do the same
> processing at index and search time.
>

> --
> Ian.
>

> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Mark Wiltshire
> <mark@redalertconsultants.co.uk> wrote:
>
> To add more information
>
>        I am then wanting to search this field using part or all of the path using wildcards
>
>        i.e.
>
>        Search category_path with /Top/My Prods*
>

> Hi java-users
>
>        I need some help.
>
>        I am indexing categories into a single field category_path
>
>        Which may contain items such as
>
>        /Top/Books,/Top/My Prods/Book Prods/Text Books, /Maths/Books/TextBooks
>
>        i.e. category paths delimited by ,
>
>        I want to store this field, so the Analyser tokenizes the document only on ','
charaters and not on the '/' characters

>        I am adding the field to the index using
>
>        Where the categoryPath is a String containing list of the items above.
>
>        doc.add(new Field("category_path",categoryPath,Field.Store.YES,Field.Index.ANALYZED));
>
>        I think I need to split the string my self, but how do I pass this to Lucene,
do I have to setup different fields ?

>        I need to keep the full path in the index, as I want to use this when redirecting
users, when clicking on the results.