lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <>
Subject RE: Lucene 3.0.3 with debug information
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:03:55 GMT
Hi Paul,

What did you find about Luke that's buggy?  Bug reports are very useful; please contribute
in this way.

The official Lucene 3.0.3 distribution jars were compiled using the -g cmdline argument to
javac - by default, though, only line number and source file information is generated.  If
you want local variable information too, you could download the source and make your own debug-enabled
jar(s), right?:

0. Install Ant 1.7.1: <>

1. svn checkout

2. Add 'debuglevel="lines,source,vars"' to the "compile" <macrodef> in common-build.xml
in the <javac> task invocation, e.g.:

545: 	<javac
546:	  encoding="${build.encoding}"
547: 	  srcdir="@{srcdir}"
548: 	  destdir="@{destdir}"
549:	  deprecation="${javac.deprecation}"
550:	  debug="${javac.debug}"
Add --> debuglevel="lines,source,vars"

3. run "ant clean jar" from the command line.  The Lucene core jar will be in the build/ directory.
 (If you need one of the contrib jars, run "ant package" instead.)