lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: lucene 3.0.3 | QueryParser | MultiFieldQueryParser
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 14:21:19 GMT
Hi Ranjit,

I suspect the problem is not QueryParser, since the <TERM> definition includes the '#'
character (from <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/tags/lucene_3_0_3/src/java/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/QueryParser.jj?view=markup#l1136>):

	| <#_TERM_START_CHAR: ( ~[ " ", "\t", "\n", "\r", "\u3000", "+", "-",
                             | <_ESCAPED_CHAR> ) >
	| <#_TERM_CHAR: ( <_TERM_START_CHAR> | <_ESCAPED_CHAR> | "-" | "+" ) >
	| <TERM: <_TERM_START_CHAR> (<_TERM_CHAR>)* >

Are you sure that your custom JFlex Analyzer is not being given 'C#' and then stripping off
the '#'?

You could work around this issue by pre-processing your query (and your documents) to replace
C# with csharp or something like it that would not be broken up.

Steve