lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Claudio <t...@conectavoce.com>
Subject OutOfMemoryError with FSDirectory
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 11:13:25 GMT
Hi,

I am using Lucene 2.9.4 with FSDirectory.
My index has 80 thousand documents (each document has 12 fields).
My jvm has 70Mb of RAM memory (limited by my hosting).
I am getting various OutOfMemoryError.
I ran jmap and I got:

num       #instances    #bytes    Class description
1:        275926    32074080    char[]
2:        657724    31570752
org.apache.lucene.index.FreqProxTermsWriter$PostingList
3:        200    16094896    org.apache.lucene.index.RawPostingList[]

The Lucene is consuming 47Mb of RAM memory.
Why there is this excessive memory consumption in FSDirectory?
Is it correct? I'm using FSDirectory because I havenĀ“t a big amount of
RAM memory.

Thanks.