lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Wiltshire <m...@redalertconsultants.co.uk>
Subject Help with delimited text
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 21:18:50 GMT
Hi java-users

	I need some help.

	I am indexing categories into a single field category_path

	Which may contain items such as

	/Top/Books,/Top/My Prods/Book Prods/Text Books, /Maths/Books/TextBooks

	i.e. category paths delimited by ,

	I want to store this field, so the Analyser tokenizes the document only on ',' charaters
and not on the '/' characters

	I am adding the field to the index using

	Where the categoryPath is a String containing list of the items above.

	doc.add(new Field("category_path",categoryPath,Field.Store.YES,Field.Index.ANALYZED));

	I think I need to split the string my self, but how do I pass this to Lucene, do I have to
setup different fields ?

	I need to keep the full path in the index, as I want to use this when redirecting users,
when clicking on the results.

	Any help would be great.

	Many thanks

Regards

Mark

You can view my current Wolters Kluwer tasks at:
https://secure.nozbe.com/nozbe/page/feed/get-markRAC.5625.wolters_kluwer

You can view my calendar at:		   You can subscribe to my calendar at:
http://ical.me.com/markjwiltshire/Work    webcal://ical.me.com/markjwiltshire/Work.ics

Mark Wiltshire							Red Alert Consultants LTD
Director - Technical Web Consultant						Flat 6
									  168 Tower Bridge Road
												    London
											             SE1 3LS
mark@redalertconsultants.co.uk