lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: should I import the XML file into a mysql dataset ?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 09:43:27 GMT
You need to figure out what is taking the time, for example by reading
the XML file without making any lucene queries.  What XML parsing
process are you using?  Some are faster than others.  A google search
should find loads of info.

If it turns out that it is lucene searching taking most of the time,
see http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveSearchingSpeed

But do the figuring out first - there is little point in speeding up
the bit that is already quick.

--
Ian.