lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ranjit Kumar <Ranjit.Ku...@otssolutions.com>
Subject lucene3.0.3 | Special character indexing
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:48:51 GMT
Hi,

I am creating index using Lucene 3.0.3 StandardAnalyzer.

when searching is made on index using query like C, C# or C++  it gives same result for all
these three term. As, I know while creating index analyzer ignore special character and do
not create index for same. I have tried KeywordAnalyzer but it do not fulfill my requirement.

Need to be able to differentiate between "C", "C#" and "C++"

I have to create my own analyzer?

Or I have to modify the JFlex grammar? http://osdir.com/ml/java-dev/2009-06/msg00208.html

please suggest me that, Is any existing analyzer will resolve this issue?

Any suggestion will be appreciated!!!

Thanks & Regards,
Ranjit Kumar
Associate Software Engineer

[cid:image002.jpg@01CB7089.C0069B40]

US:       +1 408.540.0001
UK:       +44 208.099.1660
India:   +91 124.474.8100 | +91 124.410.1350
FAX:     +1 408.516.9050
http://www.otssolutions.com

Private, Confidential and Privileged. This e-mail and any files and attachments transmitted
with it are confidential and/or privileged. They are intended solely for the use of the intended
recipient. The content of this e-mail and any file or attachment transmitted with it may have
been changed or altered without the consent of the author. If you are not the intended recipient,
please note that any review, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, circulation
or Transmission of this e-mail and/or any file or attachment transmitted with it, is prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail or any file or attachment transmitted
with it in error please notify OTS Solutions at info@otssolutions.com ===================================================================================================