lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: index enforcing query terms to appear within the same sentence
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 10:34:54 GMT
You can use multi valued fields if you play with the position
increment gap.  See e.g.
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Problem-searching-in-the-same-sentence-td1501269.html

A google search for "lucene indexing sentences" or similar finds that, and more.

Different docs can have different fields/different numbers of fields,
but the position gap approach is probably better.

--
Ian.