lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: index enforcing query terms to appear within the same sentence
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:04:09 GMT
The example code in
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Problem-searching-in-the-same-sentence-td1501269.html
reads

custom standard analyzer:

public class MyStandardAnalyzer extends StandardAnalyzer implements
IndexFields {
        public MyStandardAnalyzer(Version matchVersion) {
                super(matchVersion);
        }
        public int getPositionIncrementGap(String fieldName) {
                int incrementGap = super.getPositionIncrementGap(fieldName);
                if (fieldName.equals(IFIELD_TEXT)) {
                        incrementGap += 10;
                }
                return incrementGap;
        }
}

so if you used this analyzer and called

new Field(IFIELD_TEXT, value, ...) and

new Field("someothername", value, ...) the first field would get the
modified gaps and the second one wouldn't.

Hope that helps.

--
Ian.