lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Urgent! Forgot to close IndexWriter after adding Documents to the index.
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 15:35:15 GMT
Unfortunately, you can't easily recover from this (except by
reindexing your docs again).

Failing to call IW.commit() or IW.close() means no segments file was written...

It is theoretically possible to reconstruct a segments file by
"listing" all files and figuring out which segments there are,
deriving the right metadata for them, etc., but I don't think anyone
has actually built this yet.

Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com