lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Li Li <fancye...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which is the +best +fast HTML parser/tokenizer that I can use with Lucene for indexing HTML content today ?
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:35:35 GMT
1. parser is the preprocessing of documents, lucene will not know anything
about it.
2. I have only used  NekoHtmlParser. Cobra  is a java browser and it seems a
little heavy. VietSpider is very heavy because it embed mozilla browser by
SWT. MozillaParser is similar but embeding by itself(which need jni).
    if you care about speed, you can try Neko, Jericho, JTidy or Java HTML
Parser
    if you care parser quality, you can try cobra or VietSpider. because the
deals well with css javascript or related things.

    But I think the parser will most be used when crawling. So you can use
these parsers when crawling and save parsed result only.
    HtmlUnit is also a good tool for this purpose which support javascript
and parsing web pages.