lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexReader.reopen() question
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 15:40:14 GMT
Looks basically OK to me.  I wonder if you need the isCurrent() check
as well as if (newReader != reader) but shouldn't do any harm.
Likewise there doesn't seem much point in reassigning reader and
creating a new searcher if newReader is the same as reader.  But I
don't think that either of those would cause new entries not to be
picked up.

I'd ask for some evidence and/or check that the new entries really
have been added.

--
Ian.