lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple IndexWriter question
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 21:14:57 GMT
If you've got multiple IndexWriters on one index open at the same time
then you must be messing with lucene's locking and all bets are off.

>From the javadocs for IndexWriter:

Opening an IndexWriter creates a lock file for the directory in use.
Trying to open another IndexWriter on the same directory will lead to
a LockObtainFailedException.

--
Ian.