lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching within all fields...
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 15:44:46 GMT
A common alternative is to create a catch all field called something
like "contents" and dump all searchable data in there, instead of or
as well as in individual fields, depending on your requirements.

There is no out-of-the-box way to automatically search across all fields.

--
Ian.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Clemens Wyss <clemensdev@mysign.ch> wrote:
> looking at the Term and QueryParser class, I always have to provide a field name. MultiFieldQueryParser
requires a list of fields. But what if I just want to search withing "all fields", not enumerating
them?