lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "shrinath.m" <shrinat...@webyog.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to update only selected fields in a document ?
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:31:20 GMT
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Anshum-2 [via Lucene] <
ml-node+2714275-817267840-376162@n3.nabble.com> wrote:

> Also,
> Is there a particular reason why you wouldn't want to index that
> considering
> you'd want to 'update' documents.

I'd not mind indexing it, but I wouldn't want it to pop up in search results
or Autocomplete :)
I'd say we can hide/block it from search in our app as Michael suggests,
again, is that how
everyone does it ? Is that the "best" way ?

--
Regards
Shrinath.M