lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Devon H. O'Dell" <devon.od...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should I use MultiSearcher?
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:13:45 GMT
2011/3/24 Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de>:
> Don't use MultiSearcher. Instead create a MultiReader around the separate
> IndexReaders for each index and pass that MultiReader to a conventional
> IndexSearcher as IndexReader. MultiSearcher is very buggy.

Could you elaborate on this point at all, Uwe? I'm using
ParallelMultiSearcher with 3.0.3 in an application right now and it
doesn't seem to be very buggy to me, but perhaps I'm missing
something. Switching to MultiReader / IndexSearcher wouldn't be a
problem, but I'm curious as to what exactly is wrong with the
MultiSearcher interface.

Thanks!

--dho