lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Tse...@neevek.net>
Subject Urgent! Forgot to close IndexWriter after adding Documents to the index.
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 06:05:46 GMT
Hi, experts

I had a program running for 2 days to build an index for around 160 million
text files, and after program ended, I tried searching the index and found
the index was not correctly built, *indexReader.numDocs()* returns 0. I
checked the index directory, it looked good, all the index data seemed to be
there, the directory is 1.5 Gigabytes in size.

I checked my code and found that I forgot to call *indexWriter.optimize()*and
*indexWriter.close()*, I want to know if it is possible to
*re-optimize()*the index so I don't need to rebuild the whole index
from scratch? I don't
really want the program to take another 2 days.

Thanks!

--
Neevek Est