lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "shrinath.m" <shrinat...@webyog.com>
Subject Re: Re: How to do an all field search without using a "catchall" fieldor "MultiFieldQueryParser" ?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 12:30:30 GMT
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 5:40 PM, Ian Lea [via Lucene] <
ml-node+2693169-1481141743-376162@n3.nabble.com> wrote:

> OK, yes, if you do need to "specify certain fields as required, and
> others as prohibited" then you'll need to build and populate that
> array.  There is also a parse method that doesn't require the array if
> you just want to search all the fields.

what ? where ?
I don't see any such parse method that does a all field search !!
I am seriously hoping there exists such a method and I might have missed it
!! :)

> I hope that the 2_3_1 links don't indicate that you are using that version.

yeah, my bad... I am using 3.0.3...
http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_0_3/api/all/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/MultiFieldQueryParser.html

<http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_0_3/api/all/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/MultiFieldQueryParser.html>

--