lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sol myr <solmy...@yahoo.com>
Subject "shared fields"?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 14:38:15 GMT
Hi,

I have several documents that share the same (large) searchable data.
For example, say my Documents represent movies, and  2 movies share the same actorBiography
of Brad Pitt (assuming I want
to search movies by actorBiography words, far-fetched as it might seem):

Document1:
- movieName="Benjamin Button"
- actorBiography="Brad Pitt was born in 1963 in Oklahoma and raised in..."
Document2:

- movieName="Ocean 11"

- actorBiography="Brad Pitt was born in 1963 in Oklahoma and raised in..."

My question: I'm afraid my index files will become very large, due to the duplication of information.
Is there any trick that would keep my index files in a reasonable size, while still allowing
the functionality of "search movie by actorBiography"?
Thanks :)