lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vinaya Kumar Thimmappa <vthimma...@ariba.com>
Subject Re: Indexing of multilingual labels
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:06:33 GMT
Hello Stephane,

I think a better way is to have resource file with different language
and store pointer in the index to get to correct resource file (
Something like  I18N and L10N approach). Store the internationalised
string in index  and all related localised string in resource file .

This way index size will be reduced (adding to payload would have impact
on performance)
and help performance too.

Now your Total Search Time would be (searchtime+time to retrieve the
language based data)

Hope this helps.
-Vinaya