lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Wiegand <michael.wieg...@lsv.uni-saarland.de>
Subject overall number of hits
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:41:37 GMT
Hi,

I am currently mainly interested in the overall number of matches in a
document collection (several GBs) given a particular query.
At the moment I am not interested in the matching documents themselves;
just the number would be sufficient.
In previous versions of lucene the Searcher class had a method
"search(Query query)" but this method is now deprecated.
The alternative methods of "search()" (that are not deprecated) require
the user to specify the number of topN documents and a filter.
Is there no counterpart for the old plain "search(Query query)"?

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Michael