lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <k...@r.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: FastVectorHighlighter and field compression
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 12:38:57 GMT
(11/03/07 1:16), Joel Halbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using FastVectorHighlighter for highlighting, 3.0.3.
>
> At the moment this is highlighting a field which is stored, but not
> compressed. It all works perfectly.
>
> I'd like to compress the field that is being highlighted, but it seems
> like the new way to compress a stored field is to apply it as a separate
> un-indexed stored field to the document, and use
> CompressionToolscompressString manually.
>
> I cann't see how this will play nice with the highlighter though, given
> that I'm highlighting the indexed field.
>
> So, can I use compression on a field I want to highlight?

Hmm, I've never thought about the combination of FVH and compression.
Current FVH cannot support the store data that is compressed by
client (i.e. compressed other than Field.Store.COMPRESS).

If FVH supports it, another version of getBestFragment() method
will be needed I think.

Koji
--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/