lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark <static.void....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Detecting duplicates
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 01:35:13 GMT
I'm familiar with Deduplication however I do not wish to remove my
duplicates and my needs are slightly different. I would like to mark the
first document with signature 'xyz' as unique but the next one as a
duplicate. This way I can filter out "duplicates" during searching using
a filter query but still return the original document.

The only thing I know of at the moment is to use field collapsing but I
tried the patch on 1.4.1 and it was terribly slow.

On 3/5/11 4:43 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> See http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Deduplication.  Should be fairly easy to pull out if
you are doing just Lucene.

> On Mar 5, 2011, at 1:49 AM, Mark wrote:
>
>> Is there a way one could detect duplicates (say by using some unique hash of certain
fields) and marking a document as a duplicate but not remove it.