lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Wiegand <michael.wieg...@lsv.uni-saarland.de>
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 07:06:08 GMT
Hi,

I would like to create an index with Lucene to a document collections of
text files.
The index should be created in such a way, that for the search I can
enforce that query term A and query term B are contained within the same
sentence.

How should implement the index? Should I have for every sentence a
different field (but make sure that it is not a multi-valued field
because they would get merged which is exactly what I do not want)?
Would it be problematic that different documents would then end up
having different numbes of fields?

Thank you in advance!

Best,
Michael