lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net>
Subject Re: lucene double metaphone ranking.
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 21:10:27 GMT
Merlin,

the kind of magic such as "prefer an exact match" still has to be programmed.
Searching in a field with double-metaphone analyzer will only compare tokens by their double-metaphone-results.
You probably want query expansion:

text:picasso

to be expanded to:

  text:picasso^3.0 text.stemmed:picass^1.5 text.phonetic:PKS^1.2

paul

Le 14 mars 2011 à 22:02, merlin.list a écrit :

> Hi guys,
>    Here is my noob question:
>
> I'm trying to do fuzzy search on first name, last name. I'm using double metaphone analyzer.
and i encountered the following problem.
> for example, when i search for picasso, "paski" shows up with the same score as the spelling
of "picasso". when i look at the analyzer result of "paksi, picasso" they are both analyzed
as ''PKS". why isn't the exact spelling getting a higher score?