lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Causse <dcau...@spotter.com>
Subject Re: Wanted: a directory of quick-and-(not too)dirty analyzers for multi-language RDF.
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:40:25 GMT
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 04:15:53PM +0100, fr.jurain@voila.fr wrote:
> The only thing I need is the middle layer: a Java component extending
> Lucene, that'd pull a plausible Analyzer out of its magic hat, for every
> ISO 639-1 language tag however unlikely that turns up in the RDF input.
> Not just an analyzer, mark: a *plausible* one. I mean one that'll
> generate usable indexes right out of the box in most cases; I cannot
> afford to bring the system back into dev & study the arcanes of
> automatic indexing in just every language we're working with. So
> lucene-contrib + covering the rest with StandardAnalyzer/English
> stopwords is not an option.

Hi,

maybe you could have a look at java.text.* and specifically BreakIterator
(Thai analyzer use it) it could be better than STDAnalyzer for a fallback.
Don't forget that if you use multiple analyzers at index time you'll
have to use multiple analyzers at query time (tricky part of the
process).

Regards.

--
David Causse