lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Lav <a...@pobox.com>
Subject Altering tf for a single field
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 17:39:02 GMT
I'm trying to figure out how to achieve the effect of per-field
modifications to tf for lucene 2.9.x.  (Specifically, I'd like to cap
it for a single field which is subject to keyword stuffing, while still
allowing phrase searches in that field to work.)

It looks to me as if providing my own variant of
o.a.l.index.FreqProxTermsWriterPerField.java, changing the p.docFreq++
line, and reindexing should work, but I'm wondering if:

1) Do any other parts of lucene assume that tf == number of
proximity index entries?

2) Is there an easier way to achieve my goal?  (Ultimately I'd like to
use LUCENE-2236, but I'm looking for a nearer-term solution.)

          Thanks,
          Aaron Lav (asl2@pobox.com)