lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From RobM <rmcclana...@databanq.com>
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:25:10 GMT
I currently have two types of searches on my website that are using the same
index and same instance of index searcher. One of the searches usually only
takes 50 - 100 milliseconds but the second usually takes 2 seconds. It seems
as though when someone does the second search and another user does the
first search immediately after the first search will wait for the second to
complete. Is that how Lucene works or am I just looking at my test wrong. If
so how should i solve this issue? Two indexes or two index searchers?